Sunday, April 14, 2013

Projects 2013 Revisited

At the end of 2012 I made a project list for the year and we're making some progress.

In all honesty, if it's not done by August I'm sure it won't get done.  I'm certain that having a newborn and a toddler and a kindergartener should keep me busy enough for the rest of the year.

So let's just say the time allotted for household projects this year is half over. :)

Audrey's baby book is done!  Woot, woot!!!  Technically I want to put a few more embellishments on some pages, but the photos are cropped and the journaling completed.  And that's done enough for me.

Our bedroom.  Making some progress.  I made a new pillow cover that ties all the colors (gray, yellow, turquoise) together.  Love it.  Darrin's starting to think I have a pillow problem.  There are nine pillows on our bed.  The side table that was in our room will be making a journey to the basement and I found this garden urn/stool/thingie at TJMaxx that's a waaaaay cheaper knock-off of the Pottery Barn-esque one that I wanted.   And I finally framed and hung the cheap, yet adorable drawings that we bought while wandering through Montmarte on our Parisian journey this fall.  I'd post a picture, but the camera battery just died.  Oops.

Laundry room prints: Happily hanging on wall. {Found laundry printable here.}  I need to finish hammering in the nails.  It was naptime and I didn't want to push my luck on the noise-making.  Thanks to my mom for having a variety of hangers for me to choose from to "frame" my prints.



Reality check: This is what my laundry room looks like.  Do you see that red velvet dress?  And the blue one?  Those are the girls' Christmas dresses.  They were freshly laundered by the first of the year.  And they've been hanging there ever since.  One day I'll put them away.  And the posted chore chart?  It never gets completed as planned.  Just to let you know.



Bulletin board in kitchen: Done.  Attempting to move all junk/command center to out of sight, around the corner location: Not done.

The basement is almost finished.  It'll be a blank canvas once it's done.  Carpet will be installed in the next week or two.  Then we may buy a couch and tv.  And then it will be garage sale or shop my mom's junk treasures season and time for me to get creative with the rest of the space.

And one added project.  A curtain update in the dining room.  I wish I could find a before picture to post, but alas I cannot find one pic that has a good view of the curtains.  I thought they were right when we first moved in, but they've been driving me nuts for the last few years.  They were about 12 inches from the floor and looked like high-water pants on a person wearing Crocs with socks {is that mental image vivid enough?}.  I found a curtain website on Pinterest, bought the ones featured and I'm in love.

Here's an overexposed picture of them on a sunny day.  I can't complain about the sunny day.  And I can't complain about the fact that I can't take a good picture of the curtains because the window it too big and the sun too bright and too cheerful.


And that's an update to Projects 2013.

The end.



5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I have spent most of today-moving things in "Granny's Basement"---getting ready for the radon system-SOOOOO, do not shop anywhere but Granny's Goodie Room before you buy. I am getting tired of moving-moving-and moving things around. We do not even charge tax !!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt, shop "My Mom's Treasures!!!" Look how you did with the hangers in the laundry room -- very nice!!! There's more where those hangers came from!!! :-)

    L.,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing quite well with all your projects! I would love to see pictures of your master bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, hit publish too soon! I would love to see pictures of your master bedroom once you find your camera battery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lists are great to keep, lots of time to "get there"... and by the time you "get there" there will be new things on the list:) I love the laundry hangers too, had those pinned for my laundry room too but didn't end up having a spot to use them in our laundry revamp. Great idea!!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete