Friday, June 28, 2013

Adventures in potty training and a big girl room

The little lady is showing some interest in potty training and we're making some progress.  Which is quite amazing as I'm only giving it about 50% effort. 

She used the potty this morning and spent the rest of the morning in undies outside.  She had a small accident at lunch time -- mainly because I forgot to keep asking her to go potty.  And it was naptime any way, so the diaper went back on.  Then after dinner she was making the face (need I say more?), took her to the bathroom and she did her business on the potty.  Big win!  And when we came home from errands her diaper was dry and she potty-ed again before bed.  I'd call today a success.  

If I had more energy I might put a bit more effort into it, but really I don't think that forcing the issue is going to work with Audrey.  She more on the shall we say stronger-willed side of personality.  So I'm happy to just go with it for now. 

Forward progress works for me.

I've been working on getting things done in Audrey's big girl room.  Lots of little projects that I'd like to complete before Baby Brother's arrival.

The inspiration for the room -- leftover scraps from my latest bag creation.  It met all my criteria.  A variety of bright colors.  Blue because Audrey loves it, pink because we already have lots of it, and some green/yellow because that will work with her current wall color. A triple win.



This time around I decided to go with a more simple, plain quilt as a base.  Madeline still likes her pink/green/frog quilt, but I have a feeling we'll outgrow it soon.  So I decided to stick with something simple this time.  Maybe it will last longer both is style and quality than the cheaper quilt I bought for Madeline.  We'll see.  

Via Pottery Barn Kids

I originally purchased the matching sham, but then decided I'd rather spend the money on fun fabric and make something myself for a fraction of the price.  So I give you Audrey's patchwork pillow, the first completed piece of big girl room decor:



Made from scraps from her valance that I'm still putting the final touches on.  Here's a sneak peak.

  

More on that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment