Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Bump: 33 weeks and celebrating 11 years of marital bliss

All is well in pregnancy world.  The usual discomforts of the third trimester, but nothing major.

Posing for the official baby book picture...
...and then two rascals jumped in my shot.


I'm still attempting to Zumba at least once a week.  But my days of jumping and booty-shaking are now reduced to some simple marching in place.  I'll be restricting myself to some slow-walking on the treadmill soon.

I've reached the point where I feel like there is no more room to get any bigger.  Although I know it will happen.

The other night I think Baby Brother was attempting to escape via my belly button.  Or maybe he thought it was a good target for punching practice.

Baby's room is in a half organized state.  I have a few decor projects floating around in my head, but we'll see how far I get on those.  We've had several friends share boy hand-me-downs and the grandmas have bought some clothes, so we're in good shape.  I am happy to announce he will be outfitted in an entirely BOY wardrobe and not wearing pink floral onesies. :)

I'm enjoying every second of the unseasonably cool weather we've had the last few days.  And it's supposed to continue next week.  This could be the first summer on record where I've audibly cheered at a weekly forecast in the 70s/80s.

Last night we celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary.  We pretended to be young and hip by going to a yummy trendy pizza place {supper was delish and next time we're ordering the crab rangoon that will be "life-changing" according to the bartender} and admiring art at the DM Arts Festival.  It was a gorgeous evening.  I don't know where I imagined myself to be after eleven years of marriage, but having a supportive husband, two beautiful girls and a boy on the way I'm feeling exceptionally blessed.

Life is so good.

4 comments:

  1. You are right. Life is so good. It doesn't get any better than this... I know. I have already lived most of life!!!

    L.,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Crab Rangoon is fabulous if you are talking about Fong's, so is the Fongolian Beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at Fong's. We had the Thai Chicken pizza, loved it -- maybe Fongolian Beef next time!

      Delete
  3. Lookin' good! I LOVE that dress. :)

    ReplyDelete