Thursday, October 31, 2013

the end of October seemed to escape me...

Some highlights...

Sam turned nine!  The kiddos enjoyed his party in sweatpants.  It was so great and laid back that I think we should celebrate every birthday in sweatpants from now on.




Lots of Halloween goodness -- Minnie Mouse and Mary Poppins went trick or treating at Living History Farms and the zoo.



The girls went on a buckeye hunting adventure at the state capitol with Granny and Grandpa.  Meaning: they ran around outside for an hour and came home with bags full of the buckeyes they collected.  They loved it and I still have a pile of buckeyes drying on the garage floor. :)



Yours truly had a birthday.  Starts with a three, ends with a four.  Am I really this old?  Where does the time go?  As I said on fb -- I don't feel a day over 21.  Except for the three kids and minivan.



And of course a busy Beggar's Night.  The little ones made it a few blocks until Minnie tripped and skinned her knee.  Luckily, Granny and Grandpa were out looking for us to say hello.  Grandpa and I took James and Minnie home to hang out with Grandma and Papa while Granny, Mary Poppins and the neighbors stayed out all night.  They came home at 7:55 with more loot than we've ever had before.  The rest of us -- Grandpa, Papa, Grandma, Audrey, James, Darrin and I -- sat around, chatted, watched some World Series, and Audrey did a little more trick or treating right by our house.  It was a beautiful evening.
 



Granny called once to say she had no idea where they were, but they were staying with the group and would be home late.  Madeline went to bed and asked "is it midnight?"  It was 8:20.



Happy October!


1 comment:

  1. It was a GREAT evening - an evening for building memories. Granny was tired!!!
    Love,
    Grandpa G

    ReplyDelete