At his appointment today he weighed in at 13lbs 8oz (75th percentile) and 23.5 inches (70th percentile). He's a healthy guy.
I've been making a conscious effort to do more tummy time with the J-Dub. Looking back I partially blame myself and lack of tummy time for Audrey's refusal to ever be on her tummy and lack of crawling. James is getting pretty good at lifting his little head up to see what's going on when he's on his tummy. Maybe he'll be a mover and a shaker? Perhaps my first child to walk before the age of 15 months.
He's a champion eater. See weight above.
Sleep remains the same...or maybe worse. He's in our room, but I keep saying that he's getting evicted soon. I just don't want to deal with the few rougher nights while he transitions to his own room. We're still up usually twice a night. James gives us one good stretch of sleep from about 8:00-2:00. The problem is he wakes up again at like 5:00 and I really, really wish he would sleep just one more hour until 6:00. Not horrible, but not my favorite.
Naptime has regressed. He used to take a great nap in his bed for about two hours. Now he only lasts about 45 minutes, but he falls back asleep in the bouncy seat for the rest of naptime. Not perfect, but I'll take it for now.
He gives us some pretty sweet smiles and little coos. He loves watching the bears on the mobile above the pack and play. He likes being in the Moby while I do stuff around the house. He enjoys snuggling with his sisters and he's actually getting too big to sit in Audrey's lap!
Last weekend our Gourley family pictures were rained out, so we went to dinner together instead. James slept through the whole thing. After dinner was over Sam sees James in his car seat and says, "Oh! James was here?"
| I love these kiddos. This could be the first {and best} picture we have of all five cousins. |
All in all, he's an easy going little guy. He's rarely fussy -- just when he needs to eat or when he's had a huge dirty diaper.
I appreciate it, lil buddy.
The "5-Cousins" are a happy bunch! James will have some good role models. Love them all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandpa G