Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Watch James Grow: 4 Months

Why isn't James wearing his cute Christmas pjs for this month's photo shoot by the Christmas tree?  Because he's already outgrown them.  He's wearing 9-mo sized clothes and some 12-mo.



My sweet chunky monkey.

The official stats:
Weight: 17 lbs 7 oz
Height: 26 inches
Comparison: That's bigger than Madeline at 6 months and Audrey at 9 months.



On the to-do list for this month.  Get rid of the swaddle blanket.  Establish a bedtime routine.  Tonight he went to bed with one arm out of the blanket (we're easing into things) and eyes sleepy but open.  Baby steps.

He's playing with toys more which is fun.  Of course everything goes in his mouth.  But thus is the life of a four month old.

He's joining us at mealtime by sitting in his high chair and playing with toys.  The other night I was eating a piece of bacon and he tried to steal it from me.  In a few more weeks we'll try some food with the guy.

Grammar friends (you know who you are...): If I want to say "James is" do I do "James's"?  It looks wrong, but I think it's correct.  But for possession I do James'....like "James' pjs"?  Naming a child with a name that ends in "s" is going to force me to re-learn some special case apostrophe rules.



In other family news: Madeline is ecstatic to have her first loose tooth!  She's been longing for one ever since hearing of losing teeth and tooth fairies at kindergarten.

And Audrey continues to make slow progress in the world of potty training.

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids !! They are "3-different" little personalities ---Each special in their individual ways. Love them !!:)
    Grandpa G.

    ReplyDelete