Sunday, January 24, 2010

Greater things are yet to come

I've had a song in my head all week. It just keeps coming back. I'm not sure why it's in my head, but I'm pretty sure it's there for a reason. It just feels like a God thing. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is yet.

Our church is looking at going to a 5:00 Saturday night service. I feel like I'm being called to get involved, but I'm not sure where (or how with an almost 2 year old). Maybe that's it.

It's been a challenging school year and at times I've been grumpier with my kiddos than normal. I realize this, and I need to do a better job of loving my work and loving my students. I'd like to think that I could be an example of Christ's love by my actions at school, but I feel like I fall embarrassingly short. Maybe that's it.

Madeline likes to ask about going to church. She's wanted to go to church a lot this week. I'd like to think it's her childlike faith. (But, then again, she also associates church with donuts.) I know that I need to be more purposeful in prayer, preparing for small group, and reading and studying God's word. I want to be an example of a godly woman for my daughter. But again, I fall short. Maybe that's it.

Maybe it's just a combination of a lot of things.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, YOU are a great WIFE, MOM, TEACHER and the absolute number ONE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW. I know Darrin and Madeline and me and Rod and your parents feel that you are. I bet if they took a poll on the teachers in your school you would be the NUMBER ONE TEACHER.
    Love Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonnie. I wasn't down and looking for compliments. Just reflecting on my week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I agree with Bonnie, and would add to the list of greats that of being a great best friend, I think it is a possibility that God is calling you and trying to get your attention for some reason or other. Calling you to what, who can know b/c that's between you and He. But, I do know that some things in your have been status quo for a while, and that you've been wanting change, and this seems like an opportunity to bring some challenge and positive stimulation to your faith journey. When things get hard, before you quit, take a risk, make a change (or two). I love that song by the way. :D Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I know that I need to be more purposeful in prayer, preparing for small group, and reading and studying God's word. I want to be an example of a godly woman for my daughter. But again, I fall short"

    You aren't the first and won't be the last to feel that way! We ALL fall short. That's why Jesus had to come to die in our place!

    That's one of my favorite songs by the way!!

    ReplyDelete