So you may have been wondering if I've fallen off the healthy bandwagon. Well, not totally. Not yet. I'm still within reach of hopping back on.
I've continued to kick the soda habit and to drink more water. I'm eating more (I use this term loosely) fruits and veggies. I'm doing my best to workout three days a week -- lately that's meant Thriller practices with the gals at school. Woot, woot!!! And I'm still working on the positive self-talk thing. (Today's Thriller rehearsal in front of the choir room wall of mirrors was a reality check. Ouch. That hurt. Mirrors don't lie.)
The good news is that it seems to be paying off. I've hit a number on the scale that I haven't seen since before Madeline was born. That makes me happy! Overall it's about a 6-7 pound loss since January. Not huge, but I'll take anything I can get. Baby steps.
This week has also been great spiritually. I'm still (slowly) working my way through a devotional that I really like. Last night our small group packaged meals for Haiti at Hope WDM, and it felt really good to serve together again -- we've gotten out of that habit since the addition of so many kiddos to our group. And above all, I spent an hour in the 24/7 prayer room at The Station on Monday night. It was so wonderful to have an hour of uninterrupted quiet time with God. Totally wonderful. I'm already signed up for another hour shift next week.
Here's to continued successes!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment