Thursday, March 25, 2010

UNI Fight!

Purple pride week is in full force has lit a nostalgic spark in me.  Some of my favorite UNI memories:
  •  the Aphrodite House IM flag football team playing in the championship game in the dome....and then getting crushed by the other team (comprised mainly of softball players)
  • telling Rachael that I was engaged in the union and then causing a bit of a scene as we proceeded to scream, jump, hug, and laugh together.
  • watching Lovelines on MTV and chatting away in the loft with Melissa.
  • giving campus tours, doing Lunch Bunch, panel discussions and all that other dorky admissions SAA stuff.  
  • chicken enchilada casserole.
  • campaniling.  One romantic time with Darrin and one not-as-romantic time when Darrin was in Japan and I gave out Hershey Kisses with other SAAers....and then proceeded to throw them at people who continued kissing for too long after the bells rang.
  • endless hours of math homework with Ben and Allison.  Usually followed by hours in sarah-marie's office still trying to figure it out.  I've never worked harder in my life than I did in Linear Algebra.
  • studying for my first ever college final exams by going to Perkins with my friends, staying up until 2am, drinking 2 pots of coffee all by myself, and eating French silk pie.  It worked.  I passed them all. 
  • teaching dance after school to elementary kiddos at Price Lab.
  • BASIC on Thursday nights.
  • fun times at the Blue Porch House.
The really great thing is that the more I write the more fun things come to mind.  So my faithful readers...is there a UNI memory that I've missed?

College rocked.

2 comments:

  1. Chicken enchilada casserole--I love/hate you for that mention (not really hate, but you know what I mean). I still get really excited when I think of you telling me you got engaged! Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noticeably absent from list: bad haircut. Yet equally as memorable :)

    ReplyDelete