I'll just go ahead and say it, and I know it will come back to bite me in the boo-hiney.
I've really been sleeping quite well this pregnancy. No uncomfortable tossing and turning. No awakenings to go to the bathroom. No insomnia or randomly being wide awake at 3am for no apparent reason.
So, what's happening instead? My eldest child is turning against me. She was the BEST sleeper EVER. She routinely went to bed at 8pm and slept until 8 or 9 am!!! Until like two months ago. There was the time change which sparked earlier awakenings. There was the dreaded night of vomiting. There was the night that she was scared because she said the mailman was on her bed. Gotta say that would be scary if you thought our kinda shaggy mailman was in your room. There's been fevers the last few nights resulting in waking up every four hours like clockwork to cry, request "medicine" (another post all together...she LOVES tylenol), and demand that I sleep in her bed or rock in her chair. I'm a softy. I can't help but snuggle the sick kiddo.
I think she is determined to keep us up all night, every night and "train" us for Baby #2's arrival.
She's doing an excellent job.
7 years ago
I hope she starts feeling better soon and you get your sleeper Girl back. This afternoon she told me there were monsters in her bedroom. I talked with her and told her there are no monsters - they are not real. I had her touch my arm and face and told her you could not do this with monsters because they are not real. She then touched her arm and told Gma that monsters are not real. The fever and the Tylenol may be playing games in her little head. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteFor a reason beyond anyone's comprehension, Livvy is completely freaked by the garbage truck and any large garbage container. If she hears it coming during nap, even blocks away, we're screwed. Also, the other day during nap, she was crying saying dogs were coming for her. Come again? Dogs? Weirdy weirdos. :D Love you!! Ray
ReplyDelete