Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIY Birthday Decor

A hint of what I've been working on for Madeline's birthday party this weekend.  Most three-year-olds want a princess party.  My daughter wants M&Ms.

Pretty convenient, actually.  We call her "M" as a nickname and with Easter M&Ms in stores it makes for a pretty girly, Madeline birthday party.

It was pretty easy.  I cut circles from leftover scrapbooking paper.  (All those years of over-buying and scrap-hoarding are starting to pay off.)  Then headed to the local scrapbooking store to see what they had to offer.  For $1.50 and ten minutes of my time, I bought two pieces of white paper and got to use their die-cut machine for free.  Put it all together and here's what we have:


Pictures of the final masterpiece after the party on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. We are so ready for "M's" birthday party. If you want any more decorations remember I have a cricut and can cut out anything you want.
    Have all the presents wrapped and ready.
    Gma and Papa

    ReplyDelete