Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, A-Bear!

A year ago today I met my sweet Audrey Elizabeth.  Amazing how you can fall so madly in love with someone in just one instant. 


In the last few weeks you've certainly gained some momentum.  You're now moving all around.  Not on all fours like a typical baby.  You like to "scoot your boot" around the room.  Lately you're into everything.  Opening cupboards, pulling drawers, emptying toy bins, reaching for the trash can, shaking the baby gate, spilling cups that are left unattended (luckily filled with water), and generally reminding me to baby-proof.  

Why would I play with toys?  This box is so awesome.

You've got the sweetest little snuggle when you nestle you face in Mama's shoulder.  And you stop fussing the second that Mama picks you up.  You're still a bit of a Mama's girl.  That's for sure.  

More and more words are coming out of you.  You're pretty good at "Mama" and "Dada".  And your face lights up when "Sisss" enters the room.  

Trying to give sister a kiss.

The other day we had a little game going.  I'd say, "Raise your hand if you're a stinker!"  And you'd shoot your little arm in the air.  Adorable.

You like to show us that you're not just a baby any more.  No more baby food for you -- you want to feed yourself.  All the time.  And you're a pro at using the sippy cup.  (You never did take a bottle.)


I love you, sweet girl.  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment