Madeline had been skipping some naps. I was concerned that maybe naptime was over...like for good. I know, I know. Naps will end eventually, but I'm a super huge fan of about 90-120 minutes of silence in the house each afternoon. It's amazing. And I get things done. On a positive note, this week she's been taking 3+ hour naps because she's sick. Let's hope the naps continue, but the cough doesn't.
| This is my cheesy smile. See all my teeth? |
Audrey's bottom molars have come in and it was a brutal process. The irritability and finger biting continue leading me to believe that the top set will be in shortly. That or maybe she's working on the lower incisors (I had to look that up....I'm not a dental expert). I'm longing for the day that we get a reprieve from teething. It has to end soon, she's only one and she already has eight teeth.
Madeline has a closet full of adorable clothes. For the last few weeks she's been in a phase of only wanting to wear her yoga pants and tshirts. (Can I blame her? They're comfy.) But I refuse to do laundry every 3-4 days, so we're working on extending our wardrobe preferences. Based on the mini-fits we have each morning, it's not going so well.
| I'm a cheerleader, Mom! (With pants on my head.) |
Audrey's always gone to bed for her afternoon nap and nighttime without much fuss. Wowsa. Things have changed. She likes to practice sitting up in bed now, but once she gets tired and wants to go to sleep she's stuck in a seated position. She is physically able to lie herself down, she just doesn't. I've gone in multiple times to find her screaming, legs extended in front of her and head down on the mattress between her legs. As if she's trying desperately to lie down, but is too tired to actually do so herself.
It's just a phase.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Lisa, see third paragraph: http://patrickandjana.blogspot.com/2010/11/20-months-old.html
ReplyDeleteOh funny! I'm not the only one with messy kitchen floors! :)
ReplyDelete