Monday, February 13, 2012

Madeline's DIY Valentines

We've been cooped up in the house for the last five days and I'm about ready to go stir crazy.  SOOO ready for this cough, runny nose, occasional fever, and overall tiredness to be over!

This is how Madeline spent most of her day yesterday.


Chill-axing in front of PBS Kids with all of her sick resources nearby.

The family did brave a visit for Audrey's birthday supper.  More on that later this week.

Onto a fun project.  And praying that Madeline feels well enough in the morning to go to her Valentine's Day party at school.  She's going to be one disappointed gal if she misses that.  


Meet our DIY Valentines for this year.


And, yes, I'm that boring mom who is giving pencils instead of candy.  It seems like there is an endless parade of candy-filled holidays, ya know?  The Halloween treats last for awhile, then the Christmas baking starts.  Soon it's Valentine's Day and right around the corner is Easter.

I bought the pencils at the Dollar Store.  Twelve pencils for....you guessed it...one dollar.  And I had all the other supplies at home.  Total cost of project: $2.12.


We started by decorating some white paper.  It took awhile to convince Madeline that she could randomly doodle/scribble/write all over the paper.  I drew some hearts on for her and then she got the hang of it.

Yes, it's February and my daughter is still wearing Santa pjs.

I cut the white doodled paper in small circles and larger circles in pink.  Madeline was in charge of gluing them together.  I did the writing.  Then she and I worked together to tape the note on the pencil.


Voila!  Madeline's DIY Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment