A dinner time negotiation about finishing supper.
Madeline: I'm still hungry.
Me: You can either have more celery sticks or yogurt.
Madeline: Weee-lll. Those are both good choooiices. But.....I want something else. Like fruit snacks.
Darrin: Do your friends at school talk as much as you?
Madeline: Just me and Mrs. N___ talk a lot.
Darrin: But Mrs. N___ is the teacher.
Madeline: I know.
Darrin: Audrey, no. (As she scoots to the sliding door to play with the blinds and/or throw around the high-security pole that double "locks" the door.)
Audrey: Nah, nah, nah, nah.
Darrin (going to divert her attention): I said no.
Audrey: Nah, nah.
Any and every time I tell Madeline to be gentle because she's playing too rough with Audrey.
Madeline: But she likes it.
Audrey: Laughing.
Darrin/Me: What does a bear say?
Audrey: Rrrrrr. (In a deep, breathy voice.)
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment