In the rush to get both girls and two big bags of stuff out of the car the other day I misplaced my keys. As I was leaving church and searching through my bag for my keys I thought: Hmm. Maybe I left them in the car. Sure enough, keys were sitting on the console with car (luckily) unlocked. Good thing no one was looking for a free ride. Mine was available, unattended and unlocked with keys in plain sight. Oops.
I was not-so-gently reminded that I need to pay attention to what's on the radio the other day as Madeline spontaneously busted out "I'm sexy and I know it..." Wowsa.
Madeline has been wanting a Hello Kitty birthday party for a long time. I've been buying random goody bag stuff here and there from the clearance racks or dollar aisle since December. Unfortunately NO ONE seems to have Hello Kitty invitations in stock anymore. Target, no. Walmart, no. Party store, no. Hallmark, no. Gonna have to look harder or create some DIY in the very near future.
Being the coat helper at preschool is adorable. I show up five-ten minutes early and help kiddos zip their coats about once a month. I get to see that independent Madeline does not need help zipping her own coat and I get to watch them sing their goodbye song. It also reinforces that Madeline's preschool teachers are genuinely caring, adorable, patient and a perfect match for preschoolers. I, on the other hand, am NOT meant to be a preschool teacher.
![]() |
| My sleepy-head eye rub. |
Audrey is discovering new "toys" all the time. Why do we even bother buying real toys? Doorstoppers are fun. Unrolling toilet paper in the bathroom is fun. Attempting to crawl in and out of her carseat. Opening dresser drawers. Pulling out all of the wipes. Realizing you can circle the kitchen island and it's kinda like a race track. Ripping up magazines. Hitting the DVD player. Grabbing the remote. Getting into Mom's purse. All very, very fun.



Try Etsy for the invitations. I bet someone on there has made some adorable ones!
ReplyDelete