Oh my word. It's been one of those days.
My late sleeper was up at 6:00 to go potty and then never really went back to sleep. My early riser is, well, an early riser. And she's been cranky lately. There were major meltdowns before 9:00 am. And one of them may have been mine. I'm very thankful for a quiet naptime and gentle rain today.
So, let's take our mind off of my chaotic morning by talking about decorating. Shall we?
We painted our bedroom a few weeks ago. And I'm in love.
Here's the before pic of our bedding and yellow walls. What you can't see is the yellow/gold ceiling that Darrin already painted over...
And an after pic...
It's not all done yet, but you get the idea.
I wasn't so sure how gray walls and gray bedding would look with our deep brown furniture. But I totally love it.
Of course, we painted after the girls went to bed. So that meant the first color wasn't quite right in the morning light (it was more baby blue than light gray) and then we had to two-coat the new color over the top of that. But, three coats of paint later, it's done. And I. Love. It.
Our bedroom is finally light and cheery. And of all crazy things? It's gray.
I've been making some pillows. And spray painting picture frames. And buying random silver candlesticks for $1.00 at garage sales. And stealing ideas from Pinterest. And shopping the house. And moving around some furniture.
I now have a sitting area in my bedroom. And it rocks. I'm still searching for the perfect white slipcover for the former living room chair which has been spit-up on about a million times and has about a thousand random stains...this might take awhile.
Next on my list is finding or making art for the walls to add some color and figuring out how to hem up a shower curtain to make it into a round table cloth.
But it's all starting to come together.
7 years ago



Wow, I'm super impressed!! Looks really great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference!
ReplyDeleteSo soothing.. I love the change
E
Thanks, ladies. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Grey is so relaxing, yet bright too! I really like the chevron pillow cases, did you make them or buy them?
ReplyDeleteIf you have a round table cloth already, or know someone who does, you could trace around it onto the shower curtain, trim, then serge the edges. I have a serger you could borrow!