You wouldn't think having a garage sale would be so exhausting, but I'm kinda pooped.
I decided to take the plunge this year and join the neighborhood garage sale. My neighbors are pros at garage sale-ing. They do this twice a year. Here at Casa Dowell we're not in the stage of purging all the baby things yet, but I've got a decent amount of
It also helps that I can call in the troops (our parents) to fill out the garage with
I wish I had more pictures of everyone. Next time I'll do better!
If you've never been to a garage sale hosted in part by Marsha and Bonnie, then you haven't lived yet. And if you know Marsha and Bonnie, then I'm sure you can imagine the fun that is had. :)
My mom takes garage sales to a new level. It's a constant flurry of redistributing treasures and "marketing" to showcase the really good stuff. Just try to leave the garage without being engaged in conversation or persuaded to buy something. Just try. I dare you.
We couldn't have done it without them. Basically, we furnished the garage and they manned the sale while I chased a scooting Audrey around the garage. Her pants are literally black on the rear end from scooting across the garage floor.
Madeline spent most of her time selling pop, playing with some of the merchandise and running from neighbor to neighbor doing the chicken dance with a singing Elmo and her buddy Isaac.
Now I just have to find more treasure to sell next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment