On our way to the park to meet some friends. We could see the park but didn't see anyone there yet.
Madeline: We could sit on the bench and wait.
Me: Or you could start playing.
Madeline: I prefer to wait.
Madeline watering the flowers on the front step.
Me: Thanks for all your help.
Madeline: You're certainly welcome.
7 years ago
Dave told me the other day that sometimes it sounds like Lily is speaking dialogue out of a Jane Austen novel. She says thing's like, "certainly" and "I prefer" too and uses other randomly formal phrases. I don't know where she gets it because I don't think we talk like that? Maybe from books?
ReplyDeleteAlso, speaking of books we got the book "Madeline" from the library the other day and when I started reading it I pronounced it MADELIIIIINE (long i). Lily was quick to correct me, "No Mom, it's MadelINe (short i). Like from music class." :)