Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Madeline-isms

Some sweet ones...

On our first "big girl" vacation (a weekend visiting friends in KC).  Just Mom and Madeline -- we left Audrey and Dad at home.  We arrived late and Madeline had a hard time getting to sleep.  She was still awake at 10:00 and sobbing in bed gasping between words...
Madeline: I want to go home.  I miss Audrey.

The next day when Grandma sent a picture of Audrey on her first solo sleepover at Grandma's house.
Madeline: I'm so excited to go home and see her.

After Audrey did lots of walking around the house on her own.
Madeline: I'm proud of your good walking.  Seriously.

Me: I love playing Guess Who with you.  (A side note: It is hilarious and adorable to watch her face as she eliminates characters and finally gets down to the one person.)
Madeline: I love playing Guess Who with you.  And I love being your kid.

Some funny ones...


At the state fair. 
Madeline: Where are the colorful ponies?
Me: What do you mean?
Madeline: Like My Little Ponies.

The daily bedtime procrastination.  Audrey was taking a bath first and Madeline had ten more minutes to play outside.
Madeline: Audrey wants a long bath tonight.  Not a short one.


As my bottom blocked her way out the door.  
Madeline: Mom, move your bottom.
Me:  Uh, excuse me.  How do you say that with good manners?
Madeline: Mom, please may you move your bottom?






No comments:

Post a Comment