I finished her up this weekend and brought her inside.
I'm soooo pleased with how she turned out.
Some thoughts on my first ever furniture painting project and first time using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint....
![]() |
| For whatever reason, I totally couldn't get the color right on this pic. Eh, such is life. |
The painting part really is super easy. This stuff just goes right on and dries super quick. I loved it.
Distressing was awesome. Easy and fun.
The waxing wasn't as easy for me. Maybe 'cause I'm not as confident in the wax department. I used a rag to apply mainly because I'm not ready to invest in a wax brush yet. It seemed a little streaky at first, but now 48ish hours after application it's looking pretty good. I'm trying to be patient and give it the time to totally cure.
I'm still not sold on the hardware. She's still sportin' the mismatched hardware that she came with. But I'm thinking that I need something else.
Any thoughts?
And I've finally worked up the nerve to post to my first ever linky party here at House of Hepworths. :)


I love her--and her mismatched hardware. She's adorable :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable! love it.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa! I Love Bernice! What an awesome color! Good For you for linking up! You did a great job on her!! I saw that you had left a comment on my blog about my Pallet Art. I wanted to email you back, but did you know that you are a noreply comment?
ReplyDeleteOh, she's perfect! You did an amazing job. Visiting from HOH. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-13.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
ReplyDelete