Monday, November 19, 2012

thankful day 19: sabbath

I missed a day.



After a crazy morning at home (can I really call it crazy if it's just a normal morning?)....  After a normal morning at home, we headed to church.  I dropped Audrey off happily in the nursery where the gals working greeted her by name.  Then I took Madeline to KQ where she carefully wrote her name on her name tag and ran in to see her buddies.  I sat down, took a deep breath, relaxed and soaked in the words to this song.

Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain 
Holy, Holy, is He 
Sing a new song, to him who sits on 
Heaven's mercy seat 

Holy, Holy, Holy 
Is the Lord God Almighty 
Who was, and is, and is to come 
With all creation I sing 
Praise to the King of Kings 
You are my everything 
And I will adore You 

Clothed in rainbows, of living color 
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder 
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be 
to You the only wise King 

I needed that.



At naptime I put Audrey down, read some books with Madeline, and then we both fell asleep for an hour on her bed.

I needed that, too.



And then today Madeline came home with this adorable pilgrim hat and it kinda made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment