7 years ago
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Team Edward, Team Jacob....
Darrin and I finally made it out on a date to see New Moon tonight. Let me begin by saying "job well done" to my hubby. Dinner at Dos Rios (with buy one, get one coupon) complete with yummy guacamole, sangria, and enchiladas, followed by the fantastic movie (also with coupon from the beloved Entertainment book). As my husband knows by now -- the path to my heart is lined with coupons. Nice work!
On to the movie. Let me start by saying if you haven't read the Twilight Saga, start NOW. Stop messing around on the internet and go get a good ole-fashioned book to read. Twilight is so, SO good. At first, I was skeptical. I really didn't think I would fall in love with some cheesy teenage vampire romance novel. Seriously, a novel about vampires...that's about as realistic and marketable as some series about wizards or something. Sheesh. But, being the professional educator that I am (AND habitual book reader), I started reading Twilight for the sake of my students -- so that the gals and I would have something to talk about during passing time and advisement. After about fifty pages I was shamelessly hooked.
But, I digress. On to the movie.
I have been a die hard Edward fan from the beginning. I absolutely LOVE Edward in the books. He's devastatingly handsome, hopelessly romantic, and impossibly perfect. He always says the right thing. He's always a gentleman. But after tonight, I am starting to understand all the hype about Jacob. Movie-version-Edward's got an awful lot of angst going on, and there was some good chemistry between Jacob and Bella. Plus, it doesn't help that Taylor Lautner's some nice eye candy (too bad he's like twelve). It's unfortunate that my husband (and every other 30+ year old man in the theater) ruined the moment by laughing at the lovely motorcycle-crash scene when Jacob wipes the blood off of Bella's brow....oh yeah, with his shirt. Nice. Thank you, Jacob.
But, once again, I digress.
In the end, I'm still on Team Edward. I mean, come on, he's EDWARD! He and Bella are meant to be together. Like Romeo and Juliet. Sonny and Cher. Dylan and Brenda (more on that later). They are EDWARD and BELLA!
One last thought. As Darrin so eloquently pointed out during one Edward and Bella scene at the end -- the real reason that I love Edward Cullen so much...he's like Dylan McKay in a vampire's body. The voice. The angst. The hair. It's almost too much for one girl to bear...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment