Since the beginning of the year, I've been trying to form healthier habits. It's just about time that I got off the couch and started doing something about my booty. So, I came up with a few ideas. I feel like I can now share them with you since I've had some modest, very modest, success. Hey, baby steps, people. Baby steps.
1. No more soda. I still get coffee. Let's be honest, it's like crack to me. I need my daily caffeine fix. But I've sworn off pop. Well, okay, so I have had a few sips...and a Diet A&W today, but really, I've been doing well. And drinking lots more water. Lots more water. That means a quick Sra. Dowell running through the halls during passing time to make it to the potty, but it's paying off! I feel better, and I don't miss it all that much.
2. More fruits and vegetables. I've been LOVING all the fresh fruits -- apples, pears, grapefruit, and more. Plus, I like to make fun salads with spinach, feta cheese, and other goodies. And I'm trying to like bananas. It's something about the texture of bananas, I don't like them when they're mushy. Well...that or I'm still kinda scarred by the prophylactic demonstration that Mr. Rothert did during 8th period health class when I was in the ninth grade.
3. Go the Y on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday after school. I've enjoyed the alone time on the treadmill. It's been enhanced by new earbuds that actually work! Some of my favorite running/power walking songs:
Sexy Back, Justin Timberlake. Heck, yeah, Justin. I'm bringin' it.
Stronger, Britney Spears. "...stronger than yesterday..."
Anything Jock Jams.
These Are The Days, 10,000 Maniacs. Feel good song.
4. Be nicer to myself. This means no more negative self talk. Admiting that makes me feel like I'm pre-pubescent again. But seriously, no more negative self talk. I was looking back at pictures from old vacations and realized, I looked good. But, at the time, I know that I felt like I didn't look good. So, I'm going to be nicer to myself and see myself as my Creator sees me.
Why do I want to be healthier? Because of this sweetie:
Next up: Spiritual Wellness. Time to think about some new healthy habits to be formed...
7 years ago
I don't like mushy bananas either!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's funny...I remember before I got married being so self conscious about my body and thinking I didn't look good, etc. etc. but I realize now as I look back at wedding and honeymoon pictures that I was WAY too hard on myself. Why do we always do that? It's hard to stop though!
Oh Mr. Rothert and his bananas! Your post gave me a good laugh!
ReplyDelete