My first baby bump picture with Baby #2. At 27 weeks.
To compare, we started taking bump pics with Madeline at 22 weeks. And in the pic of me at 26 weeks with Madeline the nursery was painted, the crib was assembled, the bedding was clean and the bed was made. All we needed was the baby.
This time around, well, let's just say we're not quite so ready.
The nursery is still a toy room, the crib is in the basement, and the bedding is in a drawer somewhere. We've got all the stuff....heck, more stuff than we need. It's just all in the basement. Oh well. It'll all get done, right?
My grateful heart is full when I think of all that we are blessed with. I'm thankful that we have a realistic idea of what to expect this time around. I'm thankful for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy thus far. I'm thankful that we have family around to help us along the way. I'm thankful that we have a community of loving friends to support us and take the journey through parenthood with us. I'm thankful for the miracle of modern medicine, especially the epidural. I'm thankful for each night of 8+ hours of sleep that I am getting now. I'm thankful for my spunky Madeline and every minute that I have alone with her before baby arrives. I'm thankful that we have all the resources that we need to care for our baby.
We have everything we need and more.
You and our next Baby Girl Dowell look beautiful! Let us know when you want to do the set up and we will come and help. Gma and Papa.
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute Lisa! And yes...thank the Lord for the epidural! :)
ReplyDelete