Monday, March 28, 2011

Some thoughts

First off: Thanks for all of your supportive comments about my career change to SAHM! I needed that.  Change is scary and it's really hard to walk away from a job that I love dearly.  BUT, I am super excited to be at home with my girls when they are young.  It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.  So, thank you.

Now, onto today's thoughts.

Today's daily devotion from Proverbs 31 was just what I needed.  Isn't it awesome how God works like that?  It was right there in my inbox just when I needed it.

There were a few parts that stuck out to me, but the main one is this:

"I don’t know what your story is, but I do know God is pursuing you. Isn’t it amazing that even when we’re not aware of God, He is aware of us? He’s always working in our lives to draw us to His love."

Even when I'm not aware of it, or not paying attention to Him, God is still seeking me.  That is humbling news.

Last week as I was getting ready for our small group study, I had a moment of conviction.  Why do I wait until the last minute to do my Bible study?  Every week it seems to happen.  I've got two weeks to study and reflect on the verses, but each time I wait until the last minute.  It'd be easy to blame it on the newborn.  But in all reality, it was that way long before Audrey arrived. Instead of really spending time in the Word each week, I rush through it. 

Then this week at church we sang my favorite worship song.  The Wonderful Cross.  It was just what I needed.  Especially in light of turning in my resignation.  One of my biggest fears/worries/concerns about staying home is the money.  It's hard to walk away from a nice paycheck.  It sounds so superficial and greedy, but it's true.  

So I really needed to hear the words of this song on Sunday. 

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

What are my next steps, you ask?  I'm not sure.  Any suggestions out there?  What works for you?  I should probably do something crazy...like prioritize. Perhaps no Facebook until I've spent time with God.  Why does that seem like such a terrifying prospect?  

Probably means it's something I should consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment