Audrey is starting to like, or perhaps just tolerate, her swing (as noted by unparalleled enthusiasm in the picture). Thank goodness! She seems to like the Baby Bjorn, too. That's nice. A hands-free carrying device means I can get a few things done around the house and it's an easy way to carry her outside while big sis plays.
I'm having trouble remembering when milestones happen and I don't have the time to religiously read What to Expect like I did the first time around. We have seen a few smiles the last few days! That's exciting. Positive reinforcement is always appreciated. And I've had a few coos. When will she start getting into more of a daytime feeding routine? Noticing toys? Entertaining herself for more than sixty seconds? I don't remember.
She's a pretty good sleeper. Still usually up every 3-4 hours to eat. Audrey has the same rare talent that her sister had -- being an especially noisy, grunty sleeper from like 4:00am on. That must mean one thing: it's almost time for her to sleep in her own room. :) Luckily, Madeline has returned to sleeping and staying in her room all night. Whew.
I think I've mentioned it before -- both of our girls started off sleeping in our bathroom.
One night this week Audrey gave us a rare treat -- uninterrupted sleep from 10:30-4:00. I felt new again. Refreshed. Thank you, Lord! It was just what I needed.
In other news: Happy St. Pat's Day! And, yes, I pour (Japanese beer) with a baby strapped to my chest.
I love reading that things are getting smoother. Audrey is growing. Her little face looks like she is enjoying her meals. Don't forget Madeline has a bicycle here and we will being it to her whenever you are ready for it.
ReplyDeleteLove
Gma
PS I hope you enjoyed your Japanese beer!
As long as she's not attached to the breast while strapped to you while pouring and drinking a beer... :) Well then Happy St. Patty's Day! You look great.
ReplyDeleteSarah Hille