Sunday, June 26, 2011

Spray Paint, Part One

I'm developing a possibly unhealthy love for thrifting.  So much so that when I was going to be seven minutes early to Bunco last week, I stopped at a Goodwill that was on the way.  (You know, so I could be more characteristically "me" = ten minutes late.)  But I did find a cool glass bowl and an apothecary jar.

More on those later.  They have future homes in the loft/office decor that I've got in mind.  And, yes, Rachael, I will finally put a picture in the recycled keyboard frame that's been sitting empty on the desk since I bought it in October 2010.  You're welcome. ;-)

For now: My first attempt at spray painting!!!!  (Note: This is pretty much stolen directly from Emily's blog.  Gracias!!!)

I found this frame and immediately recognized it's spray-painted potential.


I also found a few cans of black spray paint in the basement.  So, the total cost of this particular project?  A whopping $0.99.

A little spray paint and a "d" printed straight from Word.  Voila!


It will one day have a home in previously mentioned loft/office decor.

Next up: Framing an old peseta (the currency in Spain before they went to the euro) and framing some street maps of Oviedo (where I studied abroad) and Nagasaki (where Darrin studied abroad).  And I should probably stop using colons in my blog posts: 'cause I'm 100% sure that I never use them correctly.

Several of you have mentioned your love for spray paint to me.  I'm officially hooked.  Shamelessly addicted to spray paint.

4 comments:

  1. as a grammar/punctuation freak, i'm happy to tell you that you used the colon correctly.

    also, now that you and emily have both done this project, i'm very tempted to try it -- once all the wedding aftermath is over. (We're still unpacking boxes, on last round of thank yous, combining two homes into one very small apartment....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    Looking forward to seeing it in its final home ('cause you KNOW you have to post about that loft/office when it's done, now that you mentioned it... :) ) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! I might have to steal that idea!! Also, I can't wait to finally see an actual picture in the keyboard frame :D.

    Can't wait to see you on Friday!
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Told you spray painting is addictive! I'm always looking around the house wondering "what else could I spray?" the "d" looks great, too bad my "o" would look pretty boring!

    ReplyDelete