The big bummer: They're only available at IKEA. Y no tenemos IKEA en Iowa :(
So, the plan was to go to IKEA in Minneapolis over New Year's Eve when we went to hang with the Luther gang. But, unfortunately, I was eight months pregnant and had a feverish case of strep throat over Christmas Break. Needless to say, we didn't make it to Minneapolis or our beloved annual NYE gathering with the Luther gang.
Long story short...or just a long story...I still had that blank wall in Madeline's room that I really wanted to be some kind of art gallery wall.
Since I refuse to pay the ridiculous shipping costs from IKEA to Iowa, I got crafty.
So I present to you, the less-than-$4-art-hangy-thing.
I bought some wooden flower cut-outs at Micheals. Then I mod-podged them with the same scrapbook paper that I've used for the wall art, the pop art and the letters. Then, we hammered some nails in the wall and glued the flowers right on. Yep, I just glued the flowers right on the nail heads.
| Plenty o' space. Looks like we need to do some summer art projects. |
The clothespins came from Micheals as well. DOLLAR BIN!! Can I have a WOOT-WOOT!!! I got all eight mini clothespins for a whooping $2.00. Found some white ribbon in my mom's collection, tied it around the flower-nails and presto! a new art gallery is born.
Now I'm itching for some word art above the gallery line. I'd love for it to say dream. believe. create. I'm debating whether I trust myself to hand paint it or not. The jury's still out on that one. Otherwise, I've been surfing etsy for some vinyl decals. The perfectionist in me really, really wants it to match the pink paint on the wall (which I still have in the basement) and that makes me lean towards hand painting it. But that's...well...kinda scary.
I'll get back to you on that one.

Lisa, did you know that the deal-a-day sites looooove to offer vinyl decal deals? I'll send them your way the next time they come up in my inbox.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, Caroline!
ReplyDelete