I may have bitten off more than I can chew here.
But I guess our motto on this lil endeavor is "Go big or go home." And we're going big.
I've been curious about painting furniture. And especially wondering about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint 'cause a lot of the DIY bloggers seem to think the stuff is heaven on earth.
A little too much googling and pinteresting and blog-reading led me to this shop in Urbandale -- the Iowa stockist of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
We visited. The shop is super cute. And it makes me want to go garage-saling. Or just shopping in my mom's basement. {Hi, Mom. :) }
And we found Bernice. Just what I was looking for for the living room. And if I signed up for painting class I could have her for 15% off.
She's currently hanging out in the garage waiting for a bath.
So, I'm signed up for Chalk Paint class on August 25. And I'm envisioning Bernice in a fresh coat of Provence.
Maybe she'll turn out like this:
Or this:
Wish me luck...
7 years ago


Gee, I can't imagine why you don't want to come back full time to school. :)
ReplyDelete:P
Fun - and what a great piece! I'm interested to see what you think of the ASCP... I really like the paint but hate the waxing. Can't wait to see "Bernice" all gussied up! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to keep myself busy in retirement, Steph.
ReplyDeleteEmily -- win or lose I'll post pictures for sure. :) The gal at the shop assures me that it's super easy. She's never seen me paint before...
Uh, remember what Emily said in her blog one time about shopping in the home. My basement is open for shopping!!! Please shop in my house!!! I have companions for Bernice!!!
ReplyDeleteL.,
M.
Love the pictures of the 4-Cousins. Especially the "independent one" --- which could be any one of them !!!
ReplyDeleteThey all enjoy each other.
L,
Dad
I'm using Annie Sloan to paint the dresser I got on Craigslist *ahem* last November. In my defense, it needed a lot of work so that's why it's taking so long. Well, that and the fact that I have 2 kids and a knack for procrastination :) But I love the paint, I used Old White and I'm just about to get to the waxing stage. Can't wait to see how Bernice turns out!
ReplyDelete