Fresh off a wonderful vacation and feeling recharged. Being back in the routine feels wonderful.
Don't get me wrong. There are certainly days where the monotony of eat, clean up, make mess, clean up and repeat gets to be a bit draining. I mean, you can only step on an unexpected Cheerio so many times before you start to go batty. Ya know?
A few days away was exactly what I needed to come back rested and ready to go.
Enjoying each of the small daily joys:
Being startled by a strange, repetitive thump, thump, thump as I brewed my morning coffee. And realizing it was Audrey. Practicing her newest skill, jumping, in her crib.
Playing school with Mrs. Madeline. And listening to her dramatic interpretations of her storybooks.
Sweet Audrey snuggles and enthusiastic applause at the end of my {stunning} rendition of The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
The thrill of seeing the mailman. And airplanes. And UPS trucks. And the fire station. (Madeline says in a dramatic Scarlett O'Hara-esque voice the other day: I just loooove the fire station.)
The smiling faces of Madeline's awesome preschool teachers and Madeline's great enthusiasm for all things school.
Wide open spaces, a yard to play in, and weather nice enough to enjoy it.
7 years ago

Life is good...
ReplyDeleteL.,
M.