Monday, November 5, 2012

thankful day 5: it all ends tomorrow

Sooooo looking forward the end of political ads.  For real.

What a waste of money.  Do outlandish tv commercials, robo-calls or glossy photo cards really make a difference to voters?  I say NO.  But maybe it's just me.  I think Super PACs should go away.

I am looking forward to taking the girls to the polls and showing them how voting works.  How each citizen gets a vote and that we honor those who have fought for our freedoms by casting our ballot.

I'm trying not to be grumpy and jaded and feel that my vote doesn't matter one way or the other.  I was for sure jaded by the process earlier this year in a local election that a friend of mine won in the voting booth...yet lost at a special voting convention.  {The third place finisher ended up winning and I decidedly will NOT be voting for him tomorrow.}

Coincidentally, Madeline's preschool had a mock election today.  Obama: 17.  Romney: 10.  Much like our caucus this January, she cast her vote in a bucket for Obama.  She "just likes him better".



Our crazy little liberal.


2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine what would happen if all the money spent on commercials, ads, and robocalls was actually spent on helping people? Unfortunately, that's not how America works.

    ReplyDelete