Sunday, September 22, 2013

on the road again

I love a road trip.  Apparently so does James.



While we may have failed at getting our children to eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, we have trained them to be pretty darn good at traveling in the car.  A tub of books, a purse full of little trinkets and a CD of their choosing will keep them happy for about two hours.  

Meaning: Darrin and I actually get to have a conversation for two hours.  


We packed up the gang to take James to meet Aunt Joan and Uncle Larry in Omaha.  And our trip coincided with a tag sale at their home.    

This turned out a little blurry, but still a great picture.  One of the only things that consoled Madeline when she first found out she was having a baby brother {she had her heart set on a girl}, was that both her Papa and Grandpa were little brothers with super older sisters.

We walked away from the sale with some books, a hat, stuffed animals and a lawn bunny.  Yep.  I said lawn bunny.   Madeline can always find a new treasure at Joan's house.



To keep the kiddos from breaking everything at the sale, we had a picnic lunch at the park and visited a nearby train museum.  {Highly recommend the train museum if you're in the Omaha area.}  



I learned that the chore of picking up acorns by hand from Aunt Joan's yard is an exciting task for the younger crowd.  And Dad can give a pretty good biology lesson with it.



It was a great, great trip.  We had some time to chat, some time to run around and some time to eat ice cream.



Until next time! 

On the road again...  I just can't wait to get on the road again...

No comments:

Post a Comment