James is not so little anymore. I stopped by the doctor's office today just to check his weight. A ginormous 10lbs 4oz! For those of you keeping score: that's almost a full pound bigger than Madeline at one month....and she was almost 9lbs at birth!
We've seen some tiny little smiles in the last few days! Can't wait to see more and capture one on film!
| Gotta be faster than that, Mom! Almost caught a smile...not quite. |
Random trivial tidbit: I like boy clothes. Instead of girly polkadots, flowers and garden bugs, boy clothes are full of stripes, vehicles and animals. It's fun to see something new and different. We've got a fine assortment of new clothes received as gifts and new-to-us clothes handed down from friends. The boy has a pretty full closet.
I need to take more pictures of the little guy. Almost everything this week is from my phone. I will do better next time.
James has hit one of my favorite milestones: Ability to sit in the swing and happily watch the mobile spin around for 10-15 minutes. I'm surprised at how many little things I can do in those few minutes.
We're also playing around with some baby carriers. I borrowed a ring sling from a friend and James really like it. Next I'm trying a Moby wrap. And he's a fan of the old Baby Bjorn, too.
Sleep remains the same. Up every 3-4 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on the night. The one constant is the 4am or 5am grunts. He has a hard time settling back into the last few hours of sleep in the early morning. Lots of restlessness and grunting.
Although sleep is going well, we're still in a bit of newborn survival mode plus two other kiddos. The laundry is piled up to ridiculous heights and the toilets need scrubbed. We've kept the cleaning lady once a month to increase our chances of attaining sanity. By the time she gets here this place is filthy. After she leaves it is gloriously clean. For about 30 minutes.
I checked out the Y schedule for September and I'm really excited about some new classes -- Piloxing (Pilates + Boxing + Ballet = Piloxing), Dance Fitness and Tabata. I'm looking forward to getting back to exercising soon.
| Just snoozing while Mom tries to eat a quesadilla. |
On the other hand, why exercise when you can break a sweat grocery shopping? Picture me at HyVee: Audrey being a great helper (she was really being super and trying to help a poor mama out) and pushing the cart about 10 steps an hour and James has a blow-out-the-leg diaper that ended up mainly on a well mis-placed burp rag which sets him into a full alarm fit. So I'm carrying a crying James with a suspicious yellow-y spot on the side of his onesie and trying to pull the cart a wee bit faster than Audrey is pushing it while at the same time trying to make her think she's doing it "all by myself". No less than three people offered to help push our cart while walking about six aisles to the register.
I was thankful for the lovely employee who helped me load my groceries on the check-out belt and for drive-up service.
No comments:
Post a Comment