Saturday, September 28, 2013

Watch James Grow: Six Weeks

Hello world!


Technically he was 6 weeks on Monday.  I'm running behind.  Story of my life.

Suddenly James seems so much bigger.  I'm shocked to realize that he's no longer a newborn.  When I hold him he feels so...substantial.

He's awake and alert more.  He likes the swing and bouncy seat more.  He will do tummy time for longer and even gives me a few really good head-hold-ups.  In many ways the time is going so fast!  He's already six weeks old!!!  I'm doing my best to enjoy it all even when I'm unshowered and sleepy since {barring any other absolutely CRAZY circumstance} this will the last newborn take permanent residence in our home.

James is in a phase of not wanting to go to bed at night.  Meaning it's bedtime and he is WIDE awake.  He's not mad, he's just awake from 8:30-10:00.  You know, the one time of day that I feel I can get anything done without being needed by at least one child.

After a week of practice and many YouTube videos we've got the Moby Wrap under control.  He loves it.  He's been to the orchard in it, garage sales, and all around the neighborhood.  Next thing I want to try is grocery shopping.  James loves it so much I wish I could drive it in.  He just snuggles in and usually falls asleep.

He takes naps in his "big boy bed" now.  {That's what Audrey calls his crib.}  Still sleeping in the bassinet in our room for nighttime.  I'm too tired to move him to his own room for nights.  When you're getting up every 3-4 hours the extra 20 feet makes a difference.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think he resembles David as a baby. I don't know about his nose, but the rest of him looks like David... I love the Eric Carle sleeper/playsuit that was purchased at a garage sale by me and used by Sam, Nick, and now James!!! He is growing fast!!!

    L.,
    M.

    ReplyDelete