So this weekend at church was the children's Christmas program. They did a lovely job and our little cherub really liked their show. Madeline stood on the chair for most of the program watching and dancing along with the music. After each number she'd ask "More song?" It's almost like she's got music in her genes or something.
At the end of one scene the lights went out and the kiddos left the stage, to which Madeline says semi-loudly, "Bye-bye." Some older church-goers turned around to smile. Like I've said before -- she's a talker.
Another time the lights were out and there was a bit of an awkward lull. Madeline says loudly, "Hello-o?" That's my daughter.
After the children's program, PSR (Paster Scott Rains for those who don't speak NorthBranch) referenced a movie dear to my heart in his sermon. New in Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. On our way to Spain this summer, my friend Stephanie's airplane tv was stuck on this movie. She got to watch it for the entire nine hour flight to Madrid. When she tried to change the channel New in Town started over again. And again. And again. I joined her for a few viewings. PSR talked about one of my favorite scenes in the movie (which I can't find a clip of on YouTube), but when asked if she's found Jesus the main character played by Renee Zellweger says, "I didn't know he was missing!" PSR went on to preach about how Jesus pursues us in the Christmas season and always.
Any hoo...I highly recommend the movie. Here's the trailer. If I can figure out how to work this. Okay, here goes....
So, I failed at the video. Luckily, my husband is smarter than I am.
Also, enjoy this adorable pic of my little lady in a gingerbread house.
I love those funny outbursts... when they aren't my kid:)
ReplyDelete