Two of my favorite daily routines: Watching Madeline wave good-bye and blow kisses as I back out of the driveway and singing Jesus Loves Me together each night before bed.
Velveeta/Rotel's dip.
Starbucks. Especially the seasonal drinks: Eggnog Latte, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Peppermint Mocha. Always with skim milk and usually whipped cream. Does the whip negate the non-fat milk? Do I care? It's my guilty pleasure. I drink Starbucks more often than I care to admit.
Stretchy pants.
Laughing at lunch about my friend's (actually, that should be friends'...since there is more than one of them!) obsession with Bill Stowe, Director of Public Works in DM and overall expert on road conditions and updates during blizzard season. And her anticipation for the first snowfall...only to catch glimpses of Bill on the weather each night.
The crockpot. Especially soups in the crockpot.
Lutheran Church of Hope NorthBranch. And imagining the exciting dreams that God has in store for our church and Ankeny.
Watching Glee on Hulu.
Getting a haircut and highlight last week. And the fun chatter with my hair stylist, Megan. And a chance to catch up on my People magazine reading.
The cleaning lady. She vacuums the stairs. I never do that.
My husband coming home tonight after four days of single mom duty. Once again, single moms, how do you do it?!?!
Students that make me laugh and all of the goofy things that 8th and 9th graders do. If I didn't laugh at their antics, I might cry some days.
A former student who is a senior in college studying in Spain right now and hopes to become a Spanish teacher. And how she stopped by school to talk about Spain before she left. And now reading her blog posts. And remembering my awesome semester in Spain. And realizing that was ten years ago!
Madeline being potty trained.
Feeling baby kicks. Seeing a healthy baby on ultrasounds. Hearing her heartbeat.
Finding Carters' pjs on clearance for $2-3 each and buying them for the girls. And it being the first time that the phrase "the girls"...as in: I'm going to have more than one daughter...went through my head.
What little things are you thankful for?
7 years ago
I am thankful for our favorite Son and that he married the most wonderful Woman and that they have blessed us with our beautiful Madeline Grace and soon to be a second Baby Girl Dowell. I am thankful that you and Darrin are marvelous parents - even though it was kind of a rough start since Madeline did not come with a book to tell you what to do with her before she could communicate with the both of you. And most of all I am grateful that you live close to us! Love Gma Bonnie
ReplyDeleteLisa, I love this list! It's wonderful to be thankful for blessings large and small.
ReplyDeleteGreat list!
ReplyDeleteAnd you don't have to be expecting to appreciate pants with stretch... ;)
I have yet to pass Starbucks since they brought back the holiday drinks. I LOVE gingerbread lattes. Here comes the 20lb weight gain.
ReplyDeleteMelissa