Friday, March 4, 2011

Perspective

Audrey kept us up for a several nights in a row. As I've said -- at least she's not a huge screamer like her sister was. But the last two nights have been nearly perfect. Eating and going back to sleep. Much appreciated. Thank you, Lord!


Madeline's been a bit of a pistol lately. She's absolutely wonderful with Audrey...not always wonderful with Mom and Dad. But I've got to remember that her world has been turned around quite a bit. A few temper tantrums are to be expected.


Ever since bringing Audrey home Madeline has seemed so big. Both physically and emotionally. She's not a baby any more. She's a big sister.

If you cross your arms, stomp your foot and say, "I am NOT STUB-born!" Then perhaps you are stubborn. Especially if you are the three-year-old.


Speaking of stubborn (it runs in the family)...I'm learning to ask for help. God is using my time with a newborn to teach me a bit about myself. When I nursed Madeline I didn't think it really went well, but I didn't seek help. This time around I've already made two visits back to lactation at the hospital and it's been very helpful and reassuring. And as of today's visit Audrey is up to 6 lbs 11 oz. Woo hoo!


When I walk by the mirror and get a glimpse of my sideview I think, "Darn! You look good!". A year ago, with current body state, I would have complained about flab here, looseness there, too much extra back there. But now, I'm feeling pretty good about it all.

The other night both girls were asleep at 8:00. Darrin and I went downstairs, watched some tv and enjoyed being alone together. I ate a bowl of ice cream to celebrate. It lasted about fifteen minutes. But it was awesome. A glimpse of things to come. Ahh...

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Hang in there - all will be better. I had to look at Audrey's picture twice to be sure it is her and not Madeline. We are so happy about our outing with Madeline to KidsFest tomorrow. We will have so much fun. Gonna call Granny, Grandpa and the Cousins when we get there. You, Darrin and Audrey have a fun day. Love Gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's sooo pretty! That stubborn comment made me giggle :) It's in our genes over here too :) Been praying for yo in these newborn days!!

    ReplyDelete